Dr. Zvereva has completed her Psychiatry Residency and Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship at Cedars- Sinai Medical Center. With her mentor Jeffrey Wilkins MD, Chief of Addiction Cervices at Cedars-Sinai Psychiatry Department she has been instrumental in establishing the first ACGME accredited fellowship in Southern California and serving as a first Addiction Psychiatry Fellow. She is Board-Certified in Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry. Find out more about Dr. Zvereva on her website at addictionmedicinela.com
Since her graduation in 2002 Doctor Zvereva has been employed as a consultant at Betty Ford Center, Rancho Mirage. At the present time Dr Zvereva is a consulting psychiatrist at Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation West LA Outpatient clinic
In her private practice Doctor Zvereva has been working in close collaboration with agencies such as:
- Musicares Substance Abuse Program performing inpatient detoxification protocols, and outpatient evaluations and medication management of music industry employees and musicians.
- Dr. Zvereva has special interest and training in non-opiate pain management of chronic pain conditions as well as treatment of chronic pain in patients with history of substance dependence.
- Lawyers Assistance Program-as an Expert evaluating and treating psychiatrist for attorneys dealing with mental and substance abuse disorders.
- United Airlines as HIMS Certified psychiatrist evaluating airmen for fitness for duty
- Dr. Zvereva has significant experience in treating severely dually diagnosed mentally ill patients through California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and LA County Department of Mental Health.
Doctor Zvereva performs comprehensive psychiatric consults of dually diagnosed patients and develops treatment strategies based on the evidence-based practices, such as cognitive-behavioral therapies, motivational interviewing, utilizing 12-step involvement and pharmacological management. She works in collaboration with psychologists, therapists, inpatient and outpatient treatment programs as well as sober living houses.
Doctor Zvereva has been interested in working with licensed professionals. She has served 2004-2013 as a physician Member at Diversion Evaluation Committee for California Board of Registered Nursing.
She has been very active member of California Society of Addiction Medicine and American Society of Addiction Medicine since 2002, serving on the CSAM Executive Council since 2008 as a Treasurer, participating and leading workshops on dual diagnosis, intervention and assessment of impaired physicians and regional dinners addressing different topics in Addiction Field.